Effective Date: September 14, 2021
Scope of This Policy
- Office Ally, Inc. and our affiliates ("Office Ally," "we," "us," "our").
- Office Ally’s online properties, including our websites, and websites or mobile applications that link to it; our social media pages or handles; and products and services ("Services").
Office Ally understands that you care about how we collect, use, and share information when you interact with our Services, and we value the trust you place in us. This Policy explains:
- the types of information we collect through our Services
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- Specific disclosures for residents of different jurisdictions
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Office Ally websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information you give us
- Contact and professional information, including name, email address, telephone number, and job title, as well as company name and size.
- Demographic information.
- Audiovisual information.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction on our site.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting with us through our customer support.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Any information that you provide in the course of using the Services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction on our site.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Diagnostic information such as web traffic logs.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our Services, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. Office Ally relies on partners to provide many features of our Services using data about your use of Office Ally and other sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
Your browser or device may include "Do Not Track" functionality. At this time, Office Ally does not respond to browser "Do Not Track" signals.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources.
- Subscription registration information.
- Contact information, demographic information, and information about your interests and purchases, from consumer data providers.
- Information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies.
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
- If you decide to invite others to the Services, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent before giving us his or her contact information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications (including renewal reminders), and conduct general business operations, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads. We may share your information with business partners, online advertising partners, and social media platforms for this purpose.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated Data
We may share aggregated or de-identified data at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. These other companies will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
Information about children
The Services are intended for users age thirteen and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Please send email with contact information changes to email@example.com. To update your payment method, follow the instructions on the Customer Authorization Recurring Auto Payment Form located on Office Ally’s website under Resource Center/Office Ally Forms and Manuals/Account Management.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
You have options to limit the information that we and our partners collect for online advertising purposes.
- You may contact us directly.
If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Special Information for Job Applicants
When you apply for a job with us, we may collect information from you, including:
- Information you provide in connection with your application.
- Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
- Information about you that is available publicly.
- Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third-party service that displays our job posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
Special Information for European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland Residents
We process "personal data," as that term is defined in the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
Your rights under the GDPR: Users who are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), U.K., or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.If you are located in the EEA, U.K., or Switzerland, you have the following rights.
- Access and Portability: Request access to personal data we hold about you or request transmission of your data to a third party.
- Correction: Request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data we store about you.
- Erasure: Request that we erase personal data when such data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, when you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or when you believe that your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- Restriction of processing: Request that we restrict our processing of personal data if there is a dispute about the accuracy of the data; if the processing is unlawful; if the processing is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected but is needed by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or if your request to object to processing is pending evaluation.
- Objection to processing: Object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing (including profiling). We will no longer process the data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for our processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- Transfers: Obtain information about and a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer personal data across borders.
Please contact us to exercise these rights.
Special Information for California Residents
Your California Privacy Rights; "Shine the Light" Law
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information regarding third parties to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email email@example.com or write to us at Office Ally, Inc., Attn: Privacy and Security Officer, P.O. Box 872020, Vancouver, WA 98687.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit disclosure of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which we use personal information. The following table summarizes the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of that information, and whether we disclose or sell that information to service providers or third parties, respectively. The categories we use to describe personal information are those enumerated in the CCPA. We collect this personal information for the purposes described in "how we use information."
Entities to whom we disclose information for business purposes are service providers, which are companies that we engage to conduct activities on our behalf. We restrict service providers from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement.
Entities to whom we "sell" information are third parties. Under the CCPA, a business "sells" personal information when it discloses personal information to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because we disclose personal information to the company for something other than an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because its contract does not restrict it from using personal information for purposes unrelated to the service it provides to us.
Your rights under the CCPA
- Opt out of sale of personal information: You have the right to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please visit our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage or contact us. Please be aware that your right to opt out does not apply to our disclosure of personal information to service providers.
- Know and request access to and deletion of personal information: You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with to whom we sell or disclose it. You also have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you. Please contact us to exercise these rights.
Financial Incentives. We may offer you the opportunity to participate in special promotions and programs from time to time. Your participation is voluntary. If we provide this offer, we will obtain your consent to collect your Personal Information in connection with your participation. The categories of Personal Information we collect is first and last name, phone number, email address, postal address, which we use to facilitate your participation in the program and to market to you.
You may opt in to the program using the means we present to you, such as an online registration page, at the time we make the offer. You may opt out of the program at any time by contacting us at the address below.
The program we offer may qualify as a financial incentive program (FIP) under California law. We are required to explain how the value you receive from FIPs is reasonably related to the value that we receive from the Personal Information you provide to us. We use the Personal Information you provide to directly market to you and offer referral programs. These activities generate revenue for us that we believe is reasonably related to the benefit you receive from participating in the incentive programs. In disclosures to you regarding the incentive programs, we will explain our good faith estimate of the value of your Personal Information.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. At this time, Office Ally does not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a request to exercise your rights
Submitting requests: You may request to exercise your rights by submitting the form on this page or making a request using the contact information below.
If you are a California resident, you may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf.
We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Verification: We must verify your identity before responding to your request. We verify your identity by asking you to provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously. We may need to follow up with you to request more information to verify identity.
We will not use personal information we collect in connection with verifying or responding to your request for any purpose other than responding to your request.
Changes to This Policy
Live Chat has moved and is now available on "Ally Central" within the product web portal. Once logged in, you can find Ally Central by clicking the question mark within a circle in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.